Video conferencing and presentation technologies allow for effortless communication and collaboration with clients and remote workers across the globe.
Or at least that is what they are supposed to do.
The reality of video conferencing for most of the end users we speak to has been quite the opposite.
Tell me if you can relate to any part of this scene…
The meeting was supposed to start at 9 am. It’s 9:05 and Jim is still fumbling desperately with the stack of cords and cables in the conference room trying to get his screen to display on the big TV hanging on the wall. Eventually, he gets his screen to show, its 9:15 and he still has to figure out how to add participants to the conference call. 10 minutes later the participants are finally added and he breathes an audible sigh of relief. A few seconds later he realizes that they can see him, but cant hear him. Jim curses under his breath and makes a bad attempt at sign language to communicate that he will call them back in a second. He has now broken into a full sweat. Better call tech support!
What a waste of time. Not only does this experience agitate other participants, potentially losing you business, it also compromises the whole mood and tone of the meeting making collaboration and communication harder not easier.
The good news is there is another way and the great news is it just got A LOT more affordable.
A video conferencing/ presentation system, in my opinion, needs to be 3 things:
- Simple: It must be so simple to operate that it requires zero technical assistance to get a meeting started.
- All-In-One: It must connect you to everything you need (mic, camera, computer etc) from one easy-to-use interface.
- Integrated: It must be able to ‘change’ to work with different types of computers, software, and devices automatically.
I am pleased to report that this technology exists and its called the Crestron Mercury.
Crestron Mercury is an all-in-one table top solution that simplifies presentation and video conferencing for businesses. With the Mercury you can present, video call, collaborate, manage and even schedule your meetings effortlessly because all the technology you need is built into one device.
Watch this video to see all the technology built into Crestron Mercury.
Lets take a quick look at how the Mercury ticks all the boxes by understanding its core features:
- Easy plug and play wired or wireless presentation: The Mercury has an AirMedia® gateway which enables secure,The Mercury has an AirMedia® gateway which enables secure, wireless presentation on the room display from a laptop, smartphone, or tablet; or connect directly via HDMI®.
- Calling: Leverage the precision engineered speaker and microphones inside Crestron Mercury to enjoy phone calls that sound like everyone is in the same room. Use the Bluetooth® audio to pair with mobile phones, or the built-in full open SIP conference phone to make calls.
- Fully integrated with most collaboration software: You can use any softphone, video conferencing tool, or UC service, such as Skype® for Business, Cisco WebEx®, GotoMeeting®, Zoom Rooms, or Slack® to collaborate right from your laptop by simply connecting to Mercury. This is actually amazing because all other solutions right now actually lock you in to just one platform. Crestron Mercury can also be configured to run native Skype for Business or the Zoom Rooms, without a laptop.
- Simple to manage: Crestron Mercury consoles are easy to provide enterprise provisioning and management, and leverage standard network security policies. A built-in occupancy sensor supports energy-saving automation as well as a collection of room-usage data.
- One touch scheduling: Crestron Mercury connects directly with Microsoft Exchange® or Crestron Fusion® to make room scheduling easy. The built-in graphics engine generates an onscreen display of the room calendar and simple instructions for starting a meeting.
Want to see the Crestron Mercury in action? Book a free demo in our conference room here.